School Improvement Plan
Overview of School Improvement Plan 2017-18
Achievement and Standards
- To consolidate and refine assessments within the school to increase accountability and ensure accuracy from all staff.
- To develop assessment procedures beyond the core subjects.
Teaching and Learning
- To ensure the curriculum is tailored for the interests and needs of Crook children through a skills based approach.
- To improve attainment and progress in maths and close gaps for PP pupils.
- To raise expectations of pupils and staff in order to increase the percentage of pupils working at expected and greater depth in reading and writing
Behaviour and Safety
- To develop girls’ confidence and self- esteem through targeted intervention and projects so the attainment of girls is raised.
- To improve attendance by reducing the percentage of persistent absence
Leadership and Management
- To improve the quality of teaching so that it is consistently good with more outstanding through a monitoring and coaching approach
- To improve the attainment and progress of children in early years and ensure the gap is closed for PP pupils.
- Ensure the progress of SEND pupils is close to or improving towards that of others pupils with the same starting point
Overview of School Improvement Plan 2016-17
To create a mastery curriculum that enriches and enhances opportunities for children.
To increase the number of children at Age Related Expectations and continue closing the gap.
To provide a nurture programme for vulnerable children
To develop nursery provision due to the amalgamation of Crook Nursery with the Primary School.