School Improvement Plan
School Improvement Plan 2019-21
Due to Covid-19 this plan will be implemented over two academic years.
“Mind the Gap”- Closing the vocabulary gap so that children can gain cultural capital and access a mastery curriculum.
- To improve attainment by giving children the background and vocabulary to access a mastery curriculum.
- To improve mental health and well being by giving children a structured language by which to increase their awareness of learning behaviours through the implementation of the Gem Project.
- To create expert teachers that challenge and develop the curriculum through the development of skills that is fit for purpose for the children of Crook.
Overview of School Improvement Plan 2018-19
2018-19 is our” Year of Challenge.”
Our overarching aim for 2018-19 is to “provide challenge in all areas of school life to ensure that results improve at an expected and greater depth level.
We also intend to do the following:
- To increase the number of pupils who attain greater depth across the core curriculum.
- To increase the number of pupils who make better than expected progress across the curriculum.
- To increase girls’ attainment and progress in KS2
- To embed a growth mindset in the classroom for both staff and pupils.
- To increase parent participation and accountability for their children’s learning.
- To increase the engagement of children in topic.