We all know that being a father, mother or carer is not an easy job and at times things get tough.
We are here to help, if needed, to deal with the challenges family life can bring.
Whe can help you by providing...
• Information, advice and practical support including helping you access other information.
• One-one support in your own home or other suitable venues.
• Information about local and national support services.
• Opportunities for you to get involved in your child’s learning and school.
• Opportunities to learn new skills and meet with other parents.
• Courses to build positive relationships with your child and share parenting experiences.
Support Documents for Parents
If you find yourself being affected by bereavement or loss, there is a chance for you to talk and receive help to cope. You will be made welcome at drop-in sessions on the first Tuesday of every month, 1pm-2.45pm, tea and coffee included:
Ferryhill Ladder Centre, 5/7 Coniston Rd, Ferryhill. 01740651639
The hubs bring together staff from the NHS, Health Visitors, Midwifery and Mental Health support services and the Hubs own family support teams. They also link up with community groups offering services such as support for young Dads.
Family Hubs are there for anyone in the family, from before baby arrives up until young people reach 19 years old or 25 if they have special educational needs.
The Hubs offer a wide range of free courses and information and topics, including:
- expecting a baby
- baby feeding and weaning
- helping children learn and develop well
- family relationships
- feeding your family, including vouchers to buy healthy food
- help with money
There are also lots of fun activities for families, where children can play and adults can meet with other families and have a beverage and chat with the friendly teams.
For more information and to find where the 15 Hubs are located, visit www.durham.gov.uk/helpforfamilies
You can also follow the team on Facebook to get all the latest information on classes and drop-in sessions: www.facebook.com/CountyDurhamFamily Hubs
Impact Education have published some short videos for busy parents wanting to know how to support their child's mental health and wellbeing. Click the link below for more information.